YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SITE, ANY APPLICATIONS, AND THE SERVICES YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT.
These Terms require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to you in the event of a dispute.
We provide an online legal portal to give visitors a general understanding of the law and to provide an automated software solution to individuals who choose to prepare their own legal documents. We host our contract modification software as a backend service for customers so that they can create their own documents. The Site includes general information on commonly encountered legal issues and form contracts containing common legal provisions that are modifiable by customer and their attorneys. Our Services may also include a review of your answers and proposed contractual legal terms for completeness, spelling, and for internal consistency of names, addresses and the like. At no time do we review your answers for legal sufficiency, draw legal conclusions, provide legal advice, opinions or recommendations about your legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms, or strategies, or apply the law to the facts of your particular situation. We are not a law firm and may not perform services performed by an attorney nor shall any use of the Service be deemed to create, implicitly or explicitly, any attorney-client relationship between us or any of our representatives and any person or entity. Our Services, and our forms and templates are not a substitute for the advice or services of an attorney.
We strive to keep our legal documents accurate, current and up-to-date. However, because the law changes rapidly, we cannot guarantee that all of the information on the Site or Applications is completely current. The law is different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and may be subject to interpretation by different courts. The law is a personal matter, and no general information or legal tool like the kind we provide can fit every circumstance. Furthermore, the legal information contained on the Site and Applications is not legal advice and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up-to-date. Therefore, if you need legal advice for your specific problem, or if your specific problem is too complex to be addressed by our tools, you should consult a licensed attorney in your area.
From time to time, we may perform review of certain legal questions relating to contract provisions or otherwise and do so only in a general consulting capacity. At no time is an attorney-client relationship fostered or created with us or any of our representatives through the performance of any such Services.
This Site and Applications are not intended to create any attorney-client relationship, and your use of us does not and will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and us or any of our representatives. Instead, you are and will be representing yourself in any legal matter you undertake through our legal document service.
When you open an account to use or access certain portions of the Site, Applications, or the Services, you must provide complete and accurate information as requested on the registration form. You will also be asked to provide a user name and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use a third party’s account, user name or password at any time. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account, user name or password. We shall not be liable for any losses you incur as a result of someone else’s use of your account or password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by us, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and representatives due to someone else’s use of your account or password.
2. Ownership. This Site and Applications are owned and operated by Berraco Capital LLC, Series 3. All right, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site and Applications, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds and images (the “Materials”) are owned either by us or by our respective third party authors, developers or vendors (“Third Party Providers”). Except as otherwise expressly provided by us, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site or on any Applications shall be construed to confer any license under any of our intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. See the “Legal Contact Information” below if you have any questions about obtaining such licenses. We do not sell, license, lease or otherwise provide any of the Materials other than those specifically identified as being provided by us. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by us.
3. Billing. Subscriptions shall be charged and withdrawn from the account provided by the Customer at the time of activation and automatically in each such subsequent term renewal, which renewal shall be automatic absent a prior valid cancellation. Any partial month shall be billed as a full one-month period and no period shall be pro-rated. In the case of an annual subscription, such annual subscription shall be charged and withdrawn from the account of the Customer at the start of such annual period or the expiration of any applicable trial period (none currently applicable), which such period shall automatically renew at the expiration of the prior annual period, and at the start of each subsequent annual period, subject to the prior cancellation thereof. Any cancellation shall result in full payment for the then present term of the subscription option selected without right to refund. No refunds shall be required for periods previously paid. In the case of our “one-deal, one-year” guarantee, any claim for refund under the guarantee must be made within 30 calendar days of the one-year anniversary of initial subscription with us or it will be deemed to have lapsed. All subscriptions subject to an automatic five percent annual increase adjustment at the beginning of each new calendar year notwithstanding any other policy of ours contrary to the foregoing. Any product subject to any guarantee shall require the satisfaction of the terms of any guarantee set forth on the Site before we or any person shall be held responsible for any guarantee, including the passage of any period of time related thereto. We reserve the right to request and you agree to provide any and all reasonable documentation and support to establish your compliance with the terms of any such guarantee before any right of claim relating thereto.
5. Links to Third Party Sites. This Site and Applications may contain links to websites controlled by parties other than us (each a “Third Party Site”). We work with a number of partners and affiliates whose sites may be linked with ours. We may also provide links to other citations or resources with whom it is not affiliated. We are not responsible for and do not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Site, any website accessed from a Third Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites or any harm resulting from the use thereof such as the engagement of any service provider referenced on any such Third Party Site. We make no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. We are not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Third Party Site. We are providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us of the Third Party Site, nor does it imply that we sponsor, are affiliated or associated with, guarantee, or are legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that we are not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
License to Use.
We grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use our forms (the “Forms”) and the Service for your own personal, internal business use, or if you are an attorney or professional, for your client. Except as otherwise provided, you acknowledge and agree that you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Forms or the Service in any manner, except for modifications in filling out the Forms for your authorized use. You shall not remove any copyright notice from any Form.
Resale and Sharing of Forms Prohibited.
By ordering, using or downloading Forms, you agree that the Forms you purchase, use or download may only be used by you for your personal or business use or used by you in connection with your client and may not be sold or redistributed without our express written consent.
7. DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY BINDING ARBITRATION
Please read this carefully. It affects your rights.
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction by contacting us at email@example.com. In the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction (or if we have not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after attempting to do so informally), we each agree to resolve those disputes through binding arbitration or in small claims court rather than in a court of general jurisdiction. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than a court does, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. Each party shall pay its own costs and expenses in connection with any such arbitration. Moreover, in arbitration each party may recover attorneys´ fees to the same extent as it could in court. The arbitrator shall apply the same limitations period that would apply in court.
You may speak with independent counsel before using this Site or completing any purchase.
(a) We and you agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between us before a single arbitrator. The types of disputes and claims we agree to arbitrate are intended to be broadly interpreted. It applies, without limitation, to:
For the purposes of this Arbitration Agreement, references to “we,” “you,” and “us” include our respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, employers, business partners, shareholders, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or products under these Terms or any prior agreements between us. Beneficiaries include, but are not limited to, those named in an estate planning document.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may bring an individual action in small claims court. This arbitration agreement does not preclude your bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies. Such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by entering into these Terms, you and us are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. These Terms evidence a transaction or website use in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision. This arbitration provision will survive termination of these Terms.
(b) A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send, by U.S. certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) to the other party. A Notice to us should be addressed to: Notice of Dispute, General Counsel, Berraco Capital LLC, 23 In the Woods Lane, West Seneca, New York 14224 (the “Notice Address”). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). If we and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or us may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by us or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or us is entitled.
You may download or copy a form to initiate arbitration from the American Arbitration Association (“the AAA”) website at https://www.adr.org.
(c) The arbitration will be governed by the Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association, as modified by these Terms, for all claims under $75,000, and the applicable rules as determined by the AAA for all claims of or above $75,000, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules are available online at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The arbitrator is bound by these Terms. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, except that issues relating to the scope, enforceability, and interpretation of the arbitration provision and the scope, enforceability, and interpretation of paragraph (f) are for the court to decide. Unless we and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) of our contact address. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, by a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If you choose to proceed either in person or by telephone, we may choose to respond only by telephone or submission. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the AAA Rules will determine whether you have a right to a hearing. The parties agree that in any arbitration of a dispute or claim, neither party will rely for preclusive effect on any award or finding of fact or conclusion of law made in any other arbitration of any dispute or claim to which we were a party. Except as otherwise provided for herein, we will pay all AAA filing, administration, and arbitrator fees (but not personal attorney fees) for any arbitration initiated in accordance with the notice requirements above. If, however, the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all such fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In such case, you agree to reimburse us for all monies previously disbursed by us that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. In addition, if you initiate an arbitration in which you seek relief valued at more than $75,000 (excluding attorney’s fees and expenses), the payment of these fees will be governed by the AAA rules.
(d) For claims under $75,000, if, after finding in your favor in any respect on the merits of your claim, the arbitrator issues you an award that is greater than the value of our last written settlement offer made before an arbitrator was selected, then we will pay you either the amount of the award or $2,000 (“the alternative payment”), whichever is greater.
If we did not make a written offer to settle the dispute before an arbitrator was selected, you and your attorney will be entitled to receive the alternative payment if the arbitrator awards you any relief on the merits. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees and expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
(e) The arbitrator may award injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. YOU AND WE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITIES AND NOT AS PLAINTIFFS OR CLASS MEMBERS IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OR IN THE CAPACITY OF A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL. Further, unless both you and we agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award any relief that a court could award that is individualized to the claimant and would not affect other customers. Neither you nor we may seek non-individualized relief that would affect other customers. If a court decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this paragraph’s limitations as to a particular claim for relief, then that claim (and only that claim) must be severed from the arbitration and may be brought in court.
(f) If the amount in dispute exceeds $75,000 or either party seeks any form of injunctive relief, either party may appeal the award to a three-arbitrator panel administered by AAA by a written notice of appeal within thirty (30) days from the date of entry of the written arbitration award. An award of injunctive relief shall be stayed during any such appeal. The members of the three-arbitrator panel will be selected according to AAA rules. The three-arbitrator panel will issue its decision within one hundred and twenty (120) days of the date of the appealing party’s notice of appeal. The decision of the three-arbitrator panel shall be final and binding, subject to any right of judicial review that exists under the FAA.
(g) Notwithstanding any provision in the applicable Terms to the contrary, we agree that if we make any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to any notice address, website link or telephone number provided herein), that change will not apply to any dispute of which we had written notice on the effective date of the change. Moreover, if we seek to terminate this arbitration provision, any such termination will not be effective until at least thirty (30) days after written notice of such termination is provided to you, and shall not be effective as to disputes which arose prior to the date of termination.
Our Rights and Responsibilities.
We are not the publisher or author of the User Content. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Although we cannot make an absolute guarantee of system security, we take reasonable steps to maintain security. If you have reason to believe system security has been breached, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
If our technical staff finds that files or processes belonging to a member pose a threat to the proper technical operation of the system or to the security of other members, we reserve the right to delete those files or to stop those processes. If our technical staff suspects a user name is being used by someone who is not authorized by the proper user, we may temporarily disable that user’s access in order to preserve system security. In all such cases, we will contact the member as soon as feasible.
We have the right (but not the obligation), in our sole and absolute discretion, to edit, redact, remove, re-categorize to a more appropriate location or otherwise change any User Content.
Rights and Responsibilities of Our Users or Other Posters of User Content.
You are legally and ethically responsible for any User Content – writings, files, pictures or any other work – that you post or transmit using any of our services that allows interaction or dissemination of information. In posting User Content, you agree that you will not submit any content:
Attorneys that submit User Content and provide advice do so at their own risk.
Under United States federal law, you retain copyright on all works you create and post as User Content, unless you choose specifically to renounce it. In posting a work as User Content, you authorize other members who have access to that service to make personal and customary use of the work, including creating links or reposting, but not otherwise to reproduce or disseminate it unless you give permission for such dissemination.
You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sell, distribute, and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium, or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. You have the right to remove any of your works from User Content at any time.
You are not required to provide your real name when signing up as a user of our services. We permit anonymous or pseudonymous accounts.
Ratings and reviews will generally be posted in three to seven business days.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that we may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
10. NO WARRANTY. THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND ALL MATERIALS, DOCUMENTS OR FORMS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR ANY MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU WILL HOLD US AND OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, HOWEVER IT ARISES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND ALL RELATED COSTS AND EXPENSES OF LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION, OR AT TRIAL OR ON APPEAL, IF ANY, WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION OR ARBITRATION IS INSTITUTED), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY VIOLATION BY YOU OF ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS, STATUTES, RULES, OR REGULATIONS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, IF THERE IS LIABILITY FOUND ON THE PART OF US, IT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THERE BE CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE PRIOR LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. Unsolicited Submissions. Except as may be required in connection with your use of our Services, we do not want you to submit confidential or proprietary information to us through this Site or any Applications. All comments, feedback, information or material submitted to us through or in association with this Site shall be considered non-confidential and our property. By providing such submissions to us you hereby assign to us, at no charge, all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the submissions and any intellectual property rights associated therewith. We shall be free to use and/or disseminate such submissions on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the submissions that you provide, including their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and content.
13. Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws. When accessing or using our services, you agree to obey the law and you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright, trademark and other intellectual property ownership. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any content you provide or transmit or that is provided or transmitted using your user account with us.
We have adopted a policy that provides for the immediate removal of any content, article or materials that have infringed on our rights or of a third party or that violate intellectual property rights generally. Our policy is to remove such infringing content or materials and investigate such allegations immediately.
The above written information must be sent to: email@example.com.
15. Compliance with Export Restrictions. You may not access, download, use or export the Site, Applications, or the Materials in violation of United States export laws or regulations or in violation of any other applicable laws or regulations. You agree to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of any United States or foreign agency or authority and to assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required. You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are subject to the United States Export Administration Laws and Regulations and agree that none of the Materials or any direct product therefrom is being or will be acquired for, shipped, transferred or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals or used for any prohibited purpose.
16. Personal Use. The site is made available for your personal use on your own behalf. Each subscription is equivalent to one personal license for use and shall not be interpreted to apply to more than one person in any organization or entity that is the licensee/subscriber.
17. Children. Minors are not eligible to use the Site or Applications and we ask that they do not submit any personal information to us.
18. Non-English-Speaking Customers. Certain materials on our site, including but not limited to questionnaires, documents, instructions, and filings, are only available in English. Non-English translations of these Terms, as well as other terms, conditions, and policies, are provided for convenience only. In the event of any ambiguity or conflict between translations, the English version is authoritative and controls.
19. Customers Needing Extra Assistance. We aim to provide full access to its website and product offerings regardless of disability. If you are unable to read any part of our website, or otherwise have difficulties using our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our customer care team will assist you.
21. Copyrights. All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright ©, Berraco Capital LLC, Series 3 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
22. Trademarks. BRRRRInvest.com, BRRRR. and all text, and all page headers, custom graphics and button icons are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of ours. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
23. Termination. We reserve the right to immediately terminate access to any of the Services, Applications or the Site as a result of a breach of the terms hereof with no right of any breaching party to return of payment. In such case, such breaching party shall have ten (10) calendar days from the date service is terminated to petition their claim of breach or they will have been deemed to have waived such claim. In the event of termination by a client, the cancellation shall be effective at the end of the period for which payment was previously made with no obligation by us to return funds already remitted relating to such period. Under no circumstances will any refunds be provided except at our discretion.
24. Use of Testimonials and Media Endorsements. The media hosts on the Site endorse us as paid spokespeople in our advertising campaigns.
25. Inquiries. BY USING OUR SERVICES OR ACCESSING OUR SITE OR APPLICATIONS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT SUBMITTING YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL TO US VIA THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS CONSTITUTES AN INQUIRY TO US, AND THAT WE MAY CONTACT YOU AT THE NUMBER AND/OR EMAIL SUBMITTED EVEN IF SUCH NUMBER OR EMAIL APPEARS ON ANY STATE OR FEDERAL DO NOT CONTACT LISTS (TAKING INTO ACCOUNT INQUIRY EXCEPTION TIME FRAMES AS APPROPRIATE).
26. Right to Refuse. You acknowledge that we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel user access at any time.